Start with our free Solution Explorer. It asks you simple questions and gives you customized legal information based on your answers. Its self-help tools might help you resolve your issue on your own.
Choose "Make a CRT claim" when it asks what you want to do about your issue. It will send you to the correct application form for your issue.
The application form will ask for your contact information, details about your claim, and who your claim is against.
Pay the application fee by credit card, at a ServiceBC location, or by sending us a cheque or money order.
If you can’t afford the fee, you can ask for a fee waiver at the end of the application form.
What happens after I make a claim?
What to expect after you apply:
- The CRT will review your claim application form. We’ll contact you if information is missing or needs clarification, or if we haven’t received your fee payment.
- We’ll generate an official CRT Dispute Notice and email it to you.
- You might have to send (“serve”) it to the people or organizations you made the claim against. Or the CRT might be able to serve it for you, if you chose that option in your application form. Learn more about serving a Dispute Notice.
- Wait for the respondent(s) to respond to the claim.
- If they reply, the claim moves to the negotiation stage of the CRT process.
- If they don’t reply by the deadline, you may be able to ask for a default decision.