Businesses, strata corporations, societies, associations, and other kinds of organizations must have a contact person for the CRT process.
The contact person officially acts on behalf of the organization. This includes speaking to the CRT, receiving official CRT documents and other information, uploading evidence and arguments, and making agreements.
The contact person must be:
- Strata corporation: an authorized member of the strata council
- Section of a strata corporation: an authorized member of the section executive
- Incorporated company: a director, officer or authorized employee
- Society or cooperative association: a director, officer or authorized employee
- Partnership: a partner or authorized employee
- Unincorporated business “doing business as”: the owner or authorized employee
A contact person isn’t the same as a representative. Learn more about representatives.