Menu Close

What if I don’t agree with a final decision?

If you don’t agree with a CRT final decision, you have options.

Check your Dispute Number to confirm your claim type. (For example, a sample strata Dispute Number is “ST-2019-00001″).

** More information:

Strata: If your Dispute Notice was issued before January 1, 2019, you can file a statutory appeal. You have to ask the BC Supreme Court for permission (“leave”) to appeal the decision, and it has to be filed within 28 days from when you are given notice of the decision.

Notice of Objection: You can only file a Notice of Objection if the CRT decision is given on or before June 30, 2022. It has to be filed within 28 days from when you receive the decision. Read more about this.

If you need help understanding your options, you may want to get legal advice. The CRT can’t give legal advice, help you decide what option to take, or help you with the court process.