Menu Close


The CRT is required to follow the Civil Resolution Tribunal Act and the CRT Rules.

We make decisions about claims based on the law. Here is some of the most common legislation we reference in our decisions. Visit the BC Laws website for others.

Read about...

General legislation

  • The Limitation Act sets out the time frames for filing a claim with a court or tribunal.

Vehicle accident legislation

  • The Insurance (Vehicle) Act governs many aspects of vehicle insurance, accident benefits, and minor injury classification.

Small claims legislation

Strata legislation

Societies and cooperative associations legislation