The Civil Resolution Tribunal anonymously surveys people who have gone through the tribunal process. We use this feedback to improve the way we serve the public. We report the cumulative results every month on this blog.
We had only 45 responses to our satisfaction survey in August 2020. But we’re pleased to report that participant satisfaction remains strong.
Selected comments on what participants liked about their experience with the CRT:
- I enjoyed talking on the phone with all of the CRT staff. They were very understanding about my physical limitations and medical issues and allowed me more time for the process. All of the staff were respectful, helpful and professional.
- [I liked that it was an] easy process. Especially appreciated the online process. Much easier and faster than filing paper documents.
- All parties were treated with respect and professionalism.
- [The CRT facilitator] was very knowledgeable, well prepared and also personable. He made the psychological environment of the negotiation more friendly and compassionate that I first anticipated. He also was quick to step up and take control when we were straying off topic in the back and forth. We were able to come to a quick and equitable resolution with [their] guidance.
Selected comments on what the CRT could have done to improve their experience:
- Make other forms of communication to and from the CRT available. ie, mail/fax etc. Older individuals may have difficulty with electronic methods. Speed up the process by increasing staffing and/or streamlining proceedures.
- [The website should] state how long the process is on average.
- When the respondent filed an objection to the default decision it was not made clear who the onus was on to file the objection in a provincial court. Is the applicant responsible or is the respondent responsible for filing the objection in a provincial court? I would like to have it that the respondent is responsible for filing and they have a time frame whether its 28 days or 30 days to file their objection and pay their filing fee.
- The initial online application wording could be a bit clearer. There were a couple of items that I incorrectly answered. Luckily, the CRT personnel assisted me quickly and everything was submitted correctly.