Societies and cooperative associations disputes can be about BC societies that are incorporated with the BC Corporate Registry, and housing and community service cooperative associations.

The CRT can’t resolve disputes about unincorporated societies, societies incorporated outside BC, “for-profit” corporations, or other types of cooperatives.

To apply, use our Solution Explorer! It has free legal information and tools to help you resolve your dispute on your own.

If you can’t resolve your dispute on your own, you may be able to apply for dispute resolution with the CRT. You can apply right from the Solution Explorer. It will send you to the correct application form for your type of dispute.


You may want to get professional advice to understand your rights and resolution options. Resources for help with societies and cooperative associations disputes include: