Information for Personal Injury and Motor Vehicle Accident Disputes

This area of the Solution Explorer is for personal injury and motor vehicle accident disputes. It has information and self-help tools for these issues.

If you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist, or property owner involved in a dispute that involves a motor vehicle, use the Motor Vehicle Injuries and Accidents section of the Solution Explorer.

If your dispute is about a physical or emotional injury that doesn’t involve a motor vehicle accident, use the Personal Injury section of the Solution Explorer.

You may want to also explore other areas of the Solution Explorer, such as Property if there was damage to your vehicle or other personal property, or Insurance if your dispute is about your insurer denying you coverage. They may have additional information and self-help tools related to your issue.


What You Need To Know Before You Start

  • Limitation Periods

    Please review this information about Limitation Periods before you start. It’s about how long you have to take action on your problem. It’s very important.

  • Gathering Your Information

    Before you start, gather all information and documents you have about the dispute. This might include contracts, quotes, estimates, budgets, invoices, accident reports, damage reports, and any written correspondence.

  • Contact ICBC or Other Insurance Company

    The Civil Resolution Tribunal can’t report claims to your insurance company. If you need to make a claim with an insurer, you must contact them directly.