Information for Property Owners, Tenants, Occupants, Contractors, and Subcontractors

This area of the Solution Explorer is for residential construction disputes. It has information and self-help tools for disputes about things like payment or cost, quality, damage, builder’s liens, work delays, and more.

There are resources for property owners, tenants, occupants, contractors, and subcontractors.

Commercial construction disputes aren’t covered by the Solution Explorer yet. We hope to build content for these types of disputes in the future. If your dispute is about commercial construction, or some other kind of construction, visit the general dispute area instead.

What You Need To Know Before You Start

  • Limitation Periods

    Please review this information about Limitation Periods before you start. It’s about how long you have to take action on your problem. It’s very important.

  • Gathering Your Information

    Before you start, gather all information and documents you have about the dispute. This might include contracts, quotes, estimates, budgets, invoices, accident reports, damage reports, and any written correspondence.

  • Contact Your Insurer

    The Civil Resolution Tribunal can’t report claims to your insurer. If you need to make a claim with an insurer, you must contact them directly.